Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Favourite Cook Books

My love for cookbooks grows deep. For instance I remember purchasing Julia Child's, Mastering the Art of French Cooking over 10 years ago and thinking to myself I want to move to France and master Coq au Vin. Unfortunately my dreams of moving to France never happened. With that being said to this date I can whip up one badass Beef Bourguignon. Thank you Ms. Child!  Since we all know that I'm a perfume addict and a blush hoarder I thought today venture out to cookbooks, more specifically my current favourites.
The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon
Don't let this vegan cookbook scare you each recipe I've tried has been flavourful, delicious and healthy. Thus far I've tried well over 10 recipes such as the zucchini muffins, Tex Mex Casserole and 15 min Creamy Avocado Pasta. However my all time favourite is the Fall Harvest Butternut Squash.
If you looking for some recipes that just so happen to be vegan and healthy you might want to check this out.
Also, just wanted to point out the photography in this book is just stunning.

Milk Bar Life by Christina Tosi
 I find the original Milk Bar cookbook overly complicated and the ingredients hard to find. Milk Bar Life on the other hand is loaded with simple, easy to follow, tasty recipes. One of my personal favourites is Grandma's Oat Meal Cookies... I swear these are some of the best cookies I've ever made. Filled with personal stories Christina Tosi narrative makes this cookbook quirky, playful and very loveable. If you happen to be a cookie monster with a love for comfort food Milk Bar Life would make an excellent addition to your collection.

Brown Eggs and Jam Jars by Aimee Wimbush-Bourque
From tips on barbecuing to making homemade jams this cookbook is an excellent all rounder. There is even a section on how to prepare for a summer picnic! I've tried a handful of recipes from this book, but some of my all time favourites are the Cheesy Butternut Squash Penne, Chicken Leak Shepherd's Pie and Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal. The Coconut Cream Baked Oatmeal is so good I embarrassingly ate it all in one sitting. For fresh, seasonal, yummy, crowed pleasing recipes look no further then Brown Eggs and Jam Jars.

So there we have it my top three cookbooks of the moment. Now I need to go eat something because I've never written a post that made me so hungry! Thank you all for taking the time and reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment