Friday, September 16, 2016

Pat McGrath Lust 004 Lipstick Review

I get crazy when it comes to limited edition lipsticks and over the years I have had my fair share of stories. One for instance is when I drove to 3 different MAC stores so that I could get a tube of the limited edition Gem of Roses. Don't even get me started about the Guerlain holiday limited edition lipsticks... With that all being said its been a hell of a long time since I've gone nuts over lipstick. Actually, between you and me I thought those days where a thing of the past! Then world renowned makeup artist Pat McGrath releases limited edition lipsticks, which is shortly followed by a handful of positive review and the next thing you know I've gone back to my insane ways. 

People are claiming this range of lipsticks to be 'the best' and 'life changing' ... but here are two things you should know before purchasing. Now this might be my computer, but the swatches on Sephora.com aren't that accurate. Flesh 2 for instance looks more berry toned online, when in real life its more like a brown toned nude. To combat this I highly recommend looking online for swatches. Also, because these lipsticks are extremely pigmented make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized prior to application. Not that these lipsticks are drying, in fact for such a pigmented matte lipstick these wear comfortably. 

With those things clearly communicated I can now begin to sing my praises.

The Pat McGrath 004 Lipstick's are phenomenal. To say these lipsticks apply like butter would be a serious understatement. These bad boys glide effortlessly all while dispersing colour evenly with one single swoop. Eventually the creamy texture drys to a matte finish that is so comfortable it's unlike any other in the market. To make matters better the small slanted tube make application a breeze. So if you were thinking 'lip liner required', I would say you could probably pass. A lipstick  you don't need a lip liner with? I know its crazy, but these are just that good. These are really, really good... I would even go as far as saying they are one of the best on the market. If your a lipstick lover you need these in your collection, likewise if your new to makeup or hate makeup or whatever you need to try these. At $30.00 a tube I can't recommend these limited edition beauties enough. 

4 comments:

  1. That shade looks absolutely beautiful!! I'll have to look into this. Thanks for sharing :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colour! And I love how pretty you took photos! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words, I have to say between the rose gold sequins and the stunning colour this was an easy product to photograph.
    I will definitely follow you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete