Thursday, March 17, 2016

Newborn Must Haves

As someone who had no baby expereince "Newborn Must-Have" lists were one of my most researched things while pregnant. What do these new babies need? What will make life easier? What products where over hyped? What products where under hyped? Where just among the few questions among the 100's I had. So with a baby thats just over two months old I thought I would share with you our must haves... literally these are things that we use everyday we couldn't be without.
Aden and Anais Swaddle Blankets 
Everyone talks about these blankets, so one of the first things I bought for baby were a pack of these swaddles. They are amazing! If you plan on swaddling your baby they are by far the softest, easy to use swaddles I've tried. However even if you don't plan on swaddling you can use these as a light weight blanket, a play yard mattress cover, a burp cloth, a stroller cover, a surface for tummy time, a breast feeding cover or an emergency change pad. I've tried other brands but nothing compares to the Aden and Anais. We now have a total of 12 of these handy blankies I can't recommend them enough. 

Comfort & Harmony Peanut Swaddle 
A few weeks ago Everleigh found out she had arms and since then she has not stopped moving them... including in her sleep. Eventually our girl would end up hitting her self in the head and enviably wake her self up. To combat this arm issue I invested in these Peanut Swaddle. I don't want to sound dramatic and I realize that every baby is different, but these are worth there weight in gold. The first night Everleigh used these she slept for 7 hours straight. If you have a squirmy baby or just aren't into traditional swaddle blankets these are a must try. 

WubbaNub Pacifier 
From bad teeth to nipple confusion you hear horror stories about pacifiers. Actually before baby I would have slotted me into an anti-pacifier category. The next thing baby is here and all the rules go out the window. Parenting lesson: 1. take everything you know and throw it out the window. 
Everleigh loves her pacifiers but mostly she loves her Hippo WubbaNub. Unlike other pacifiers the weighted toy helps her not shoot it out of her mouth. We have a total of three WubbaNub's, the Hippo (aka Bing Bong) is the best because his big nose makes it easy for Everleigh to hold. 

Mustela PhysiObebe
Let me start by saying ... Forget what you know about babies smelling amazing, because these little monsters have the tendency to smell like sour milk (especially through the neck). Our solution to this cheesy problem is Mustela's PhysiObebe. This no rise cleanser is the perfect easy way to keep baby clean and smelling fresh. Not only do I love the scent of this I also love that products contains no nasty ingredients too. This has to be one of my favourite baby "beauty" products thus far.

So there we have it those are my newborn must haves! If you have any recommendations feel free to leave me a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment