Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winter Blues and Pale Hues

The holiday season is officially over. While a part of me loves golden eye shadows and crimson lipsticks nothing looks more fresh then cool and pale toned products. So I thought I would share with you some of my favourite fresh makeup picks for this cold winter season.

Try a pale pink gloss!
I love red lipsticks and do continue to use them no matter what the season, but there’s something to be said about a pale pink gloss. MAC’s Oyster Girl and Chanel’s Bonbon have to be some of my favorites to achieve this pale pink icy look.
I guess that’s what I like about it … it looks icy, but in a sexy way!

Charcoal Grey Mascara
Grey mascara is a nice switch to the normal black. In fact playing around with the YSL Shocking mascara has really made me like the softer color. While it still adds definition it looks more natural against my pale skin. It’s been years since I’ve owned a non black mascara but it’s actually something I would like to keep in my collection at all times.

Shimmery Pinks
Yes, you can wear icy blue color eye shadows but in all honesty that’s not my scene. So instead I’ve opted for MAC’s Jest. Jest is a frosty light-medium color that borders between a champagne tone and a pink tone. This shadow is smooth and richly pigmented and great for one-color eye shadow looks. While champagne color really pops on my skin the pink tones really bring out my blue eyes.

Sub-zero Blue Polish
Readers for the past 4 months I’ve been wearing darker polish’s and I’ve honestly been missing pastels. So on a whim I grabbed this polish and I to my surprise it really works with winter!
Does anyone else match nail polish to the current weather conditions?
 Or is this just me?
Rock the Boat is a pale icy blue with silver mirco-shimmers that honestly looks blue icicles. I have been loving this color and highly recommend you try a pale blue this season.


Whatever the season I always like keeping my makeup simple, natural and quick. But after months of wearing bold colors and golden toned shadows I always find it refreshing to switch to something completely different. So shop your makeup collection and switch things up this winter.

7 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love pastels for this time of year too. Rock the Boat looks like a fab polish! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! :) That shadow looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Miss Tanya!! I so enjoyed scrolling through today...listening to your wit and fabulous fashion comments!!! Perhaps thee needs your help for a winter pick me up in the make up department!!! Wouldn't a day of wine, cheese and playing with make up be just what our poor winter tired souls need!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aweee! Every season needs a good wine and cheese we will have to get together soon.
      Thanks for commentiing!

      Delete
  4. Nail polish looks lovely!

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete