Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday Long Weekend Girls Night




This is the last long weekend of the year and instead of going up to the cottage Jay (the fiancĂ©) and I have decided to stay home. While he will be playing video games I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to go out and have some drinks with the girls. 


So my inspiration for my look was a simple (no brush’s) look paired with a fun bright lipstick.
I start by applying NARS Sheer glow foundation in Deauville (not pictured) into the skin. Next I add NARS Penny Lane to the apples of my cheeks, again using my fingers. I love that this color looks natural, blends effortlessly and lasts forever. I finish off the cheek area by patting in Benefit Girl Meets Pearl to the highest points of the cheeks. With my face done I use my fingers to apply MAC Painterly to the eye area. I finish the eyes by adding a thin line of ELF Liquid Eyeliner in black and a good coat of mascara. The ELF liner has a tiny brush which is great for thin application. In my opinion this is a pretty good and considering it’s a dollar it is well worth it.  Next I use MAC’s Watch Me Simmer; I think this vibrant coral gives interest to the look. This is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks and although I think it’s too bright for me at work I look forward to girly occasions like this to wear it.  I finally finish everything off by a quick coat of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday Nail Polish.

Well ladies I am off! This week I will have another haul coming featuring some of my essentials and well... some non essentials!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Thanks for reading,
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment