Wednesday, September 4, 2013

HAUL of my essentials and some non essentials



I love Shoppers Drug Mart! If you’re reading this outside of Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart is a drug store (duh). Shopper’s offers your normal drug store brands, but also prestige brands (like Lancome or Dior). They often have 20x the points which is great because the more points you collect the more money you can redeem.

Last weekend there was a 20x the points promotion so I thought it would be a great time to pick up some of my essentials and some non essentials too. So keep reading if you want to hear me haul!


Okay so let’s start with the essentials.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

I love this foundation. I wear the lightest color which is Vanilla Clair which is a perfect match for my fair skin. What really wins me over is the long lasting gel formula moisturizes my skin. If you were a fan of Pro Lumiere you might want to check this one out they are very similar.


Clinique Airbrush Concealer

This is a nice highlighting concealer that blends into the delicate eye area effortlessly. I like that this doesn’t settle into fine lines and that this doesn’t have anti aging properties. Concealers with anti aging ingredients tend to give me milia around the eye area.


Smashbox Photo Finish Eye Primer

I love my paint pots but for some reason my eye makeup has been creasing at work (I think it’s from going to cold air conditioning to hot humid weather) so I definitely need a heavy duty primer. I have to be honest I have never tried this product before and my experience with Smashbox have been iffy. With that being said I saw amazing reviews for this on both makeup ally and Sephora’s website so I thought I would try this out.  


Shiseido Face Cotton

I love these super soft cotton pads to remove makeup from the eye area. I never understood why people bought these until I tried them. I find that not only are they soft but they also absorb the perfect amount of product, which means less waste. Interestingly, although they seem like a pricy product they work out to 7 cents a piece which makes them less pricy then most brands.


Now for the non essentials


Bourjois Nail Polish in Adora-bleu

I know fall is on its way but I had been eyeballing this color for months. So I plan on wearing this for the last couple of weeks in the summer. BUT you can wear blue in the winter right?  Blue = Cold = Winter, right?


Lancome Gloss in Love in Pink Carat

 This was such an impulsive purchase. I thought the packaging was really cool if I can be honest. I mean it has an open button... how cool!


Well that is everything!

Thank you so much for reading let me know what you have been purchasing in the comments.

Hope you are having a marvellous week.

Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment