Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Top 5 Makeup Brushes



I truly feel if you’re going to spend money on makeup, brushes are the place to splurge. I believe a great brush can make the most shit product decent. On the other hand, don’t be duped into buying lavish brush’s, because there are some better inexpensive options that are better out there too.


Just a side note I had every intention to make this my top five makeup brushes but after hours of internal conflict I couldn’t narrow it down.
So let’s get started.


MAC 217
This has a huge cult following and for good reason, it’s an epic brush. It’s dense enough to pack on eye shadow to the lid yet it’s fluffy enough to blend it out through the crease. It’s also fantastic at blending in concealer under the eyes and blending in cream blush to the apple of the cheeks. I can’t recommend this enough; it’s such a multipurpose product!



Sigma SS224 (now changed to E40)
I bought a set of Sigma brushes years ago, most of them have been good but the one that shines is the SS224. Most crease brush’s can splay over time but this one has still maintained its soft dome like shape no matter how many washes or uses. I use this brush to add dimension to the crease but its also great ad smoking out eye shadow along the lash line too.


Smashbox 19
If you like to wear mineralized powder foundations this is worth the splurge. This kabuki picks up just the right amount of product and blends like a dream. The hair is soft enough that it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin yet it’s dense enough to pack on product when needed.  Just overall I look forward to using this brush it just feels so nice. 

Chanel Eye Shawdow Blender 19
This is kind of a hybrid between a pencil brush and a blending brush. It is excellent for defining the outer v but I use this everyday to add subtle definition to my lower lash line. I also use this to add definition to smaller areas like my brow-bone or my inner eye area. Overall I find the shape and texture of this brush unique and extremely useful. 

e.l.f. Professional Eye Shadow Brush
This brush packs on eye shadow like no one’s business. The bristles are just as soft as any prestige makeup brush. Not only does this product perform but it washes like a dream and doesn’t shed! AND it’s only a dollar! If you have the opportunity to pick one of these up please do because the quality is just as good as or even better than some high end brush’s. 

By Terry Biseau 2
I love this angle brush. For a while I thought I lost this brush and I was heartbroken because nothing compared. There’s something about the angle of this that makes an extremely fine line. So it’s great at filling in eyebrows and also gives the most precise cat liner ever. Now my only worry is that I will lose it again and won’t be able to replace it. 

Well that’s all of my favorites. I also want to try some of the Tom Ford ones but there just so expensive!
Let me know what your favorite brushes are and if you want to see my worst brushes of all time?
Leave me a comment I would love to hear what you think.
Thanks for reading and have a great week,
Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment