Thursday, July 6, 2017

I tried Fancy Coconut Oil

Popping up in your local Sephora is a handful of luxury lines that offer coconut oil. Which is weird considering this one ingredient product can be found in just about any grocery store. Why are these so much and are they worth are two things that came into mind. So I bought the fancy Skinny & Co Coconut oil to see what all the hype was about.

Firstly and not to bore you with my life story, but I’ve have been using coconut oil as a beauty product for years. At first it was my favourite deep conditioner treatment. A short while after that I realized it made an excellent body oil because it had cured dry patches on my skin overnight. So for almost a decade I always kept a bottle of generic organic coconut oil handy for solely beauty reasons.

Skinny and Co pride themselves on being the only alkaline coconut oil that is cold pressed and 100% raw. Like normal coconut oil the Skinny and Co is hard at room temperature and oily at warmer temperatures. Skinny and co left my skin feeling soft and nourished. I also used this on Everleigh earlier this spring when she had a slight eczema flare up, again it helped hydrate and soothe her skin. It’s not a bad product by any means, but…

Coconut oil can be used for so many different reasons (see all here), and I think every home should own one. However I personally think if you buy a high quality, organic coconut oil from the grocery store like Nutiva which is considerably cheaper it more or less performs the same. So ladies and gents, I tried fancy coconut oil and while I enjoyed it, I realized it’s just coconut oil.

I know a lot of people have tried this and like it so please feel free to leave your experiences below!

No comments:

Post a Comment