Monday, March 13, 2017

The Ordinary Buffet Serum Review

I am really having a moment with Deciem products right now. There products and brands philosophy is completely cutting edge and their Ordinary range is dare I say revolutionary. Yes, other brands take note the Ordinary is all about effective ingredients that give you scientifically proven results but at a fraction of the cost. The Ordinary range can do this by using already established formula's. Meaning you are not getting cutting edge technology here, but you are getting well-known formula's that work. Actually the whole range has made me reevaluate the some of the skincare I already own; I love Sunday’s Good Gene’s but is it really worth it? Furthermore this range could bring quality skincare to the masses, which I am 100% in board for. I digress; today I’m reviewing Deciem’s Buffet Serum so let’s begin. 


Buffet really is an all you can eat experience for your skin. It features hyaluronic acid that helps plump and hydrate your skin by retaining 1000 times weight in water. I have to say my skin responds well to hyaluronic acid, making it one of my favourite ingredients of all time. Next this serum features Matrixyl 3000 which is a peptide that mimics the effect of broken down collagen. The damaged collagen structure actually causes your skin to react by making more collagen and elastin. If that doesn’t tickle your fancy this serum also contains Matrixyl and Matrixyl Synthe C. These two peptides help stimulate collagen and repair damage done to the face. 

Buffet also features Syn-ake. This ingredient mimics the effect of snake venom, allowing for temporary muscular paralysis. This totally sounds terrifying but it’s not trust me, I see Syn-ake like a topical form of Botox. It works, but just like Botox the effects are short-term. Interestingly products that usually use Syn-ake typically cost a small fortune, however since this is a part of The Ordinary range you’ll be happy to hear that this product is very affordable. 

So all this technology in one small glass bottle I know your dying to know how much does it cost. The truth is this serum is an absolute steal coming in at $14.80 per a 30ml bottle. The texture is light and the serum itself is easily absorbed by the skin. While some people have categorized this as an ‘anti-aging’ product I would say if aging is on your mind you can use this. Also since this serum is oil free and scent free oily skin types and sensitive skin types can use this too. I should add the Buffet is also cruelty free, paraben free, vegan and silicone free too. I can’t say enough positive things about Buffet because it’s the kind of product that you need to stop what you’re doing and get a bottle ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment