Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Review

I have always loved the world of beauty. In fact one of my first jobs ever was working as a perfume demo at a local department store. Yes I was one of those ladies! but I have to say despite the majority of shoppers finding us perfume demonstrators annoying I loved it. Demo-ing allowed me to talk to people about all things beauty, play with different luxury makeup and to discover the world fancy fragrances. Now I’m not one to knock a Brittany perfume, but while my friends were wearing Fantasy my access to fine fragrances allowed me to dabble in Chanel, Dior and Hermès. One of my favourites of the time was Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier and between you and I it still holds its own today and here’s why… 

The juice. Classique is a what I would call a traditional spicy oriental. While it’s not as spicy as Dior’s Addict or Chanel’s Coco it has that subtle warmness kind of like a cashmere sweater on a cool spring day. The notes also include warm vanilla, a subtle dash of rum and a touch of rose. The overall effect is smooth, slightly powdery with a slight touch floral. It’s a the kind of fragrance that’s a feels like a comforting hug, from a well-groomed lady. It’s classy and as it wears the vanilla, and amber make this one hell of an intoxicating fragrance. 

I wish I could sit here and say that it was the scent that attracted to me Classique, but the truth is it’s all about the bottle. I think over the years this women silhouette bottle has been replicated time and time again. However between you and I it’s never looked quite as good as the original Classique. While I’m not one to purchase any fragrance based on bottle shape I have to say I thoroughly enjoy displaying this on my dressing table. 

Classique is warm, easy to wear and inviting. While it might not be as popular as Chanel No 5 or Dior’s J’adore, Classique holds its own. It’s both loveable and kind to its wearer and the bottle is a standout. If you’re looking for a new fragrance put that bottle of celebrity fragrance down and try Jean Paul Classique, I can't recommend this stuff enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment