Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Review

I have always loved the world of beauty. In fact one of my first jobs ever was working as a perfume demo at a local department store. Yes I was one of those ladies! but I have to say despite the majority of shoppers finding us perfume demonstrators annoying I loved it. Demo-ing allowed me to talk to people about all things beauty, play with different luxury makeup and to discover the world fancy fragrances. Now I’m not one to knock a Brittany perfume, but while my friends were wearing Fantasy my access to fine fragrances allowed me to dabble in Chanel, Dior and Herm├Ęs. One of my favourites of the time was Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier and between you and I it still holds its own today and here’s why… 

The juice. Classique is a what I would call a traditional spicy oriental. While it’s not as spicy as Dior’s Addict or Chanel’s Coco it has that subtle warmness kind of like a cashmere sweater on a cool spring day. The notes also include warm vanilla, a subtle dash of rum and a touch of rose. The overall effect is smooth, slightly powdery with a slight touch floral. It’s a the kind of fragrance that’s a feels like a comforting hug, from a well-groomed lady. It’s classy and as it wears the vanilla, and amber make this one hell of an intoxicating fragrance. 

I wish I could sit here and say that it was the scent that attracted to me Classique, but the truth is it’s all about the bottle. I think over the years this women silhouette bottle has been replicated time and time again. However between you and I it’s never looked quite as good as the original Classique. While I’m not one to purchase any fragrance based on bottle shape I have to say I thoroughly enjoy displaying this on my dressing table. 

Classique is warm, easy to wear and inviting. While it might not be as popular as Chanel No 5 or Dior’s J’adore, Classique holds its own. It’s both loveable and kind to its wearer and the bottle is a standout. If you’re looking for a new fragrance put that bottle of celebrity fragrance down and try Jean Paul Classique, I can't recommend this stuff enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment