The season of love is here which means it’s officially of season of giving roses. Now you can either ask for a bouquet of roses, rose scented bath products or if you’re a skincare nut like me rose water. Jay if you’re reading this … hint, hint! If you don’t have a Valentine there is absolutely no shame in treating yourself because you’re going to need this and here’s why:
1. Rose water is an anti-inflammatory which means reduces redness and calms irritated skin.
2. Rose water is an anti-bacterial making an excellent, natural oil reducing product for acne prone skin types.
3. Rose water is jammed packed with nutrients which help hydrate the skin. However since a spritz of rose water is so light it’s suitable for every skin type at any time of the day.
4. The scent of rose has actually been scientifically proven to combat insomnia. In addition rose has also been used as an aroma therapy aid to help combat stress and tension.
5. It’s cheap. With all these amazing skincare benefits I bet you were thinking ‘this is going to cost a fortune’, it doesn’t. You can actually get rose water from your local grocery store. Likewise you could always opt for a luxe rose water such as Herbivores Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water.
Rose water can be used as a toner, to set makeup or misted on the go for a quick refresh. Since rose water is perfect for all skin types I seriously think everyone’s skincare regiment could benefit from a little rosewater.