Sunday, January 15, 2017

How to Relieve Dry Skin Fast

Winter is the season for hot chocolate, family gatherings and if your anything like me dry skin. Yes we all know I love a good skincare product, but today I'm I thought we would talk tips. So if you have seasonally dry skin and you want to do something about it here are my some of favourite tips for relieving dry skin fast.

Exfoliate
If your finding your favourite skincare items not working you might want to try exfoliating. Contrary to popular belief exfoliating does not dry out your skin. Instead exfoliator removes dead skin cells and therefore product can better penetrate the skin. Many people love products with 'scrubbies' in them personally I love acid exfoliators. For the most part I find them less irritating, less messy and yet more effective.

Avoid Hot Water
Hot water can make dry skin worse. So my first tip for you is to limit your exposure to hot water. Now I'm not saying take a cold shower, but instead of boiling hot water opt for warm water instead. Another way to limit your exposure is taking less baths and shorter showers.

Moisturize Right After Washing
Water is a humectant, which means it draws moisture from the skin. So after taking a shower or bath the first thing you should do is moisturize. Sure, you could get fancy and use an expensive moisturizer or you can be like me and use one from the drugstore. Whatever you choose the key is to pat dry your skin and get that lotion on asap!

Overnight Treatment
Did you know you can just about slather anything on your face before bed and wake up with soft moisturized skin? Okay thats not entirely true. What I'm saying is if you have a favourite moisturizer, or oil you could totally apply double the amount and use it as an overnight face treatment. So before you purchase the next 'it' sleeping mask, you probably have some fantastic options in your collection.

Humidify during Cold Dry Months
It's the middle of winter and your house, work... hell even your car are all filled with dry synthetic heat. So when all else fails give a humidifier a try. In my own experiences humidifiers can make the world of difference to combating dry skin. There are some excellent affordable options out there, the important thing to remember is to keep it beside your bed while you sleep. This added night time humidity will help replenish your skin.

As a longtime dry skin sufferer I can with certainty tell you these tips work. So instead of thinking you need more skincare, new skincare or more expensive skincare I say try these tips. If you have any dry skin tips I would love to hear them in the comment section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment