Monday, January 25, 2016

The Original Beauty Balms

If you thought I was talking about the ever so popular Korean Beauty Balms (aka BB Creams) I'm sorry but you have the wrong post. Today I'm talking about the original beauty balms. These are those emollient multi-purpose balms that can be used for just about anything. Never heard of them? Well let me familiarize you with the original (and a newer one) beauty balms!

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
Beauty products come and go, but this cult product has been around for over 70 years. 8 Hour Cream has quite a bit of shine so makeup-wise you can use this to highlight your checkbones or even use it on your legs. Personally I crave 8 Hour Cream for it's hydration benefits, because it soothes chapped lips, dry elbows, cracked feet, it also works wonders on sensitive eczema too. In addition to just being emollient this balm also contains vitamin E. This powerful antioxidant helps repair wounds, cuts and bruises. I kid you not once this even healed a itchy mosquito bite. If you were looking for a product with some heritage to it Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is well worth a try.

Homeoplasmine (in France) or Cicadermine (in Canada)
Next on the list is the French version of 8 Hour Cream Homeoplasmine. Homeoplasmine is great if your looking for a matte finish or an completely unscented product. Although I've never tried this myself, makeup artists swear this is one of the best primers on the market. Like the balm above Homeoplasmine is excellent at moisturizing dry skin, repairing skin irritations and healing cuts. This is a product that lives in my purse all winter, because it seriously repairs dry skin in minutes. At under $10.00 a pop this is a incredible, must have drugstore buy.

The Honest Company Healing Balm
This is a new discovery for me and I have to say I'm absolutely loving this. This balm is excellent for those who are searching for a more natural product. Yes this repairs, nourishes and hydrates like the rest, but it has the added benefit of being safe to use on the whole family. Lately this has been living in pocket moisturizing my lips and repairing the baby's dry skin. 

Personally I reach for these balms to heal scratches,  hydrate dry skin, moisturize cuticals
 or even to tame crazy eye brows... Basically I use these balms all day long! Whatever balm you choose I am happy to report all three are seriously good must have products. 
 . What are your favourite multi purpose balm? 

No comments:

Post a Comment