Thursday, December 3, 2015

November Favourites



I’ve said this before but I will say it again… in my mind I like to think I'm cool, calm and collected, but in reality I'm far from it. In the past couple of weeks I've been on a rampage of cleaning, setting up the nursery and getting everything ready for Christmas. So far the nursery is done, the baby’s hospital bag is packed and the Christmas presents have been bought and wrapped... I believe they call this "nesting". Anyways in these crazy "nesting" times I have accumulated some favourites so without further ado let’s get started. 
Bobbi Brown Corrector 
Basically I had been using this concealer in the wrong shade for years. Yes, years because I was too afraid to try the darker, pink-ier shade even though it was the right shade all along. Beauty mistakes aside this concealer does an excellent job and both correcting and covering those dark circles. The Bobbi Brown corrector was a great product all along, but I have a new found love for this since purchasing my correct shade. 
Go pink with your concealer ladies, full review here!

Target’s Up & Up Lavender Bath Salts 
I truly believe in the power of taking a bath with Epsom salts. I also believe that the combination of wrapping presents and decorating the tree has totally messed up my back. To get relief I have been using these budget friendly bath salts. In addition to pain relief the lavender scent also helps calm and soothing the mind before bed too.  At $3.67 for a 3 pound bag this bargain beauty buy is worth checking out.

Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant
I have really, really been loving this chemical exfoliator over the past month. Aveda’s Exfoliant boasts a cocktail salicylic acid, lactic acid and witch hazel. Sounds intense, but it’s actually extremely mild. If you wanted to get your glow on, but without the added makeup you’re going to need a bottle of this.
This product also works wonders on ingrown hairs, TMI I know, but it just had to be said.
Full review here!

Chanel Le Beige & Bourjois Silk Edition
As a dry skin sufferer I avoided pressed powders like the plague. However after finding a few luminous pressed powders my feelings on the product have changed over the past year. Two of my all-time favourites are the Bourjois Silk Edition and the Chanel Le Beige. Bourjois is my week day warrior long lasting setting powder and the Chanel is my fancy and more luminous weekend setting powder. Each powder has a huge place in my heart, but unfortunately I have hit pan on both.
This is becoming a full fledge ramble at this point, but basically what I am getting to is I don’t know which ones I should repurchase? Or do I try something new?
Makeup made confusing on this double favourite. 

What are some of your favourites leave me a comment below!
Or if you have any suggestions for a luminous setting powder I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment