Saturday, July 25, 2015

Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss Review

I love the Baby Lips line of lip balms. I mean how can you not love them? The packaging is adorable, the formula is hydrating, the sheer tints of colour are flattering and they smell and taste lovely too. So when I saw the lip gloss line being released the first thought that came into mind is …YES!

The Maybelline Baby Lips Gloss range is divided into three finishes, cream, sparkly and jelly. All the colours looked fun, however being a fan of jelly finishes I settled for Fab & Fuchsia. Not only does this sheer hot pink look stunning, but it also looks very similar to my beloved Chanel Happy Glossimer. Let’s just face it I love the Chanel, but at $34.00 a pop a cheaper alternative would be nice.

Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss feels smooth and completely non sticky on the lips. Dare I even say I would be confident to wear this with my hair down on a windy day? Risky I know, but when it comes to non-stick this product has it going on. The drawback to non-stick formula the crap longevity. Maybelline claims this lip gloss to last for 4 hours. In my experience this barely lasted 1 on me. In addition to the lack of longevity I would also say this is slaking in the hydrating department as well. Yes, this product does contain hydrating properties, but Instead of leaving my lips hydrated this left them dry and craving more product.  

The original Baby Lips balms are a standout, must have drugstore product for me. The Moisturizing Lip Gloss despite smelling nice and the non-sticky finish, does not get my stamp of approval. When it comes to the longevity this product falls short. Also, this “Moistuizing” lip product leaves my lips dry and parched. If you were looking at purchasing these I highly suggest sticking to the original Baby Lips.

As for the Chanel Happy dupe, no luck here! So ladies my search for something similiar continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment