Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mandatory Masks

I love skincare, but there is no denying that seeing results from your skincare routine might take weeks. On the other hand, masks offer almost instant results and to just about any skincare concern you could imagine.  Don’t get me wrong I’m not avoiding my skincare routine. However what I am saying is masks can be the helpful, instant gratification kind of product your skin sometimes needs. Which leads me to this very post… here are some of my favourite (and pretty amazing) masks for every skincare concern you could think of!   

Hormonal or Oily Skin- GlamGlow Super Mud
My skin is typically on the dry, sensitive side of things. However like most women I am prone to hormonal break outs. It is for those very annoying, acne-prone times that I reserve this very mask. Within just one application spots look drastically reduced. I am even talking about those pesky “underground” spots ladies! If you have oily skin, feel free to use this on your entire face it’s equally deep cleaning, yet gentle. Personally, I reserve this as a pimple-only kind of mask. Yes this mask is not cheap, but because I use to little and because it works makes it a worthy investment.
To see my whole review go here!

Dry, Irritated or Sunburnt Skin - Avene Soothing Moisture Mask 
For me winter weather means snowstorms, poor driving conditions and dry, irritated skin. My old faithful for these times is the Soothing Moisture Mask. Yes this mask packs an ample punch of hydration, but it also calms red, burning, angry skin instantly. It also happens to work like a charm on soothing sunburns as well! So if your looking that instant relief from really irritated skin this is a mask worth having in your collection. 

Dull Lack-luster Skin- Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 
For some reason I end up scoring a sample of this mask every time I go to purchase it... good luck? Absolutely! No other mask I've ever tried has made my skin look so luminous and evenly toned in just one application. Its the kind of mask that after you remove it your have a "damn my skin looks good" moment with. Although this mask is not recommend for sensitive skin types I have whole hearted never had a problem with this. 

Dehydrated Skin- The Face Shop Hyaluronic Acid Mask
I love Hylauronic Acid and there are many expensive masks that deliver. However this $2.00 gem is a note worthy competitor to many high end skincare lines. Sure sheet masks might look terrifying, but the results of this are firm, hydrated, dewy looking skin. Basically for $2.00 a pop I don't think there is anything better you can do for your skin. 

Don't worry people I'm not skimping out on regular skin care, but there is no denying masks are a excellent quick fix to many skincare problems. What are some of your favourite masks? Leave me a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment