Saturday, March 7, 2015

Makeup Tips for All Day Makeup

Today I am embarking on possibly the girl-ist day ever! First thing on the agenda is wedding planning. Jay and I have been engaged for almost two years and since things have settled down with the house, now is the time. After the wedding stuff it’s off to the antique show with my cousin. Not just any antiques show but one that actually specializes in clothing and accessories. Finally we are finishing up the day with dinner and drinks.
Crazy right! So not only is it a long day where I need my makeup to last, but it’s also a day where I need a look to carry me from wedding planning in the morning to drinks with the girls at night.  So here are my three tips to all day makeup.

A Base that Will Last
Mattifying 24 hour foundations can work wonders on oily skin types, but they just aren’t for me. The long wearing foundations that I’ve tried make my dehydrated skin, look ridiculously dry. What does work for me and still leaves my skin hydrated is thin layers products.
My first layer is a usually a thin application of moisturizer or primer. My favourite primer at the moment is Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. Beauty Flash Balm is great for those who crave luminous, hydrated skin but without sparkles. My next layer of product is foundation. Then to set everything I use the Chanel Le Beige. Which is the only powder that I've come across to date that looks like naked skin.

Natural Eye
Smokey eyes are great, but you do you know what happens to a smoke eye after 5 hours?
Irritated panda eyes! To avoid, smudging and irritation I say stick with natural. My go to look is a creamy/nude colour on the lid, a touch of brown in the crease and a generous coat of mascara. Not only does this look faltering day and night but it takes only a couple of mins to apply.


Night & Day Lipstick
The easiest way to change your look is with lipstick! No matter what way you slice the cake, your going to reapply your lipstick throughout the day anyway. So my lipstick philosophy for all day makeup is to bring two, one day and one night. For day time lips I personally love the Dior Lip Glow. Not only does lip glow add a touch of colour but its balmy finish make it easy to apply. Your night time lipstick and be any bold colour, but I am opting for Dior's Fashion Week. Fashion Week is the perfect shimmery plum, that is both hydrating and easy to apply when on the go.

Now off to do my makeup! What are some of your all day makeup tips? leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment