Sunday, January 25, 2015

New Hair = New Hair Things

I can honestly say my everyday hair routine started with a wash and ended in a ponytail or maybe a bun if I was feeling fancy. In all serious my belly button length hair took hours to dry and decades to curl. For me it just made the upkeep boring and not enjoyable. Why grow my hair so long you ask? My goal has always been to donate it and with the New Year here I thought what better time than now. So with over 12 inches off and a fun new look I wanted to get some new hair products to help me with my new do.

Milk Shake Leave in Conditioner
Perfect for all hair types, I thought this leave in spray would help me maintain my new soft locks. It also has the added bonus of smelling mind blowing-ly amazing. I haven’t tried it enough to contest to its quality as of yet but in terms of scent the Milk Shake leave in has it going on.
Is this safe to drink?

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
Last year the whole beauty industry was raving about this product. Personally I think the full sized Oribe is crazy expensive to just try on a whim. So I settled for the mini, yes it was still expensive but I thought it would be fun to try with my new haircut. 

Kerastase Nutritive Bain Oleo 
I am a drugstore hair care girl through and through. Sure I have a passion for the Klorane Oat Milk shampoo, but even that is more on the affordable side of things. Kerastase on the other hand is not affordable in the slightest. There shampoos start at $40.00, which is great if you can afford it but a little crazy for me! 
So why do I have this luxe product you ask? I picked it up for $3.00! Again I have yet to use this but I am interested to see what makes this luxury shampoo so luxury. 

Totally not like me to do a hair care haul, but I was just so excited about my hair I couldn't help my self. On the other hand chopping off my hair feels great, not only is it less maintenance but knowing it can potentially help someone makes me really happy. 
What are some of your favourite haircare products, leave me a comment! 

If you in Canada and have been thinking about donating your hair look here for more information. 




4 comments:

  1. Lovely picks! I have the Dry Texturizing Spray and it gives the most amazing volume :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with this spray... why must it be so expensive? :(

      Delete
  2. Im getting my hair cut a lot shorter on wednesday so I might have to try some of these! X

    Www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the texturizing spray is definitely the star of the show!
      Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete