Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Favorites



It is that time of month again… favorite time. Usually I reflect about how busy I was but whole heartedly I was not that busy this month. Come to think about it I spent most of the month just hanging out at home and I am completely okay with that. So while some months feature exciting red lipsticks or brand new bright pink blush this month favorites really reflect my laid back life style.  If you’re looking for an eye popping favorites this might not be it, but nonetheless these are the tried and tested goodies I have loved this month.

NUXE Reve De Miel Moisturizing Stick
The original Reve De Miel is a gritty, matte lip balm loved by so many of us. While it is nourishing, due to its gritty texture I find it best used as a treatment before bed. Don’t get it confused with the stick version because the two are very different. The stick version is just as hydrating as the original however the texture is smoother and thinner. In terms of fishing the Moisture Stick leave a subtle natural shine to the lips. Personally I love the stick version better for day time use. Not only is it more sanitary then the original but the texture is more day time friendly.

Chanel Beige De Chanel
This month I have been really focusing on lightweight powders that give the illusion of healthy glowy skin. The first powder is the Chanel Le Beige. Personally I like using this to set my tinted moisturizer, because while it does set my makeup it also helps bring a natural glow to the skin and has the added benefit of having an SPF. If you were looking for a full coverage powder    this might not be for you, however if you were of something perfecting yet bare skin looking I totally think this would be right up your alley.
                         
Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating Pressed Powder    
This is was a limited edition, but Guerlain does have the tendency to re-release things so I thought I would mention it. I use this translucent powder to give my face a glow too. Unlike the Chanel, the Meteorites is completely colorless but is more luminous. If you had the regular Meteorites Pearls this version gives the same glowy effect.  I love using both powders over my tinted moisturizer the Chanel perfects and sets, while the Guerlain has that beautiful glow.
Two powders might seem like a lot but trust me they look like beautiful radiant healthy skin.


MAC Plumful
The plummy lipstick is a winner! I bought this around Christmas time and I instantly fell in love.For myself I love bright lipsticks, but at while work I like to tone things down. I always like a little colour on my lips but I don't want to hit people over the head with it either. Plumful is really great at this because it's  bright yet not too punchy. I have a strange feeling that I am going to be getting some good really use out of this colour. 



Aveeno Fresh Essentials  Daily Exfoliating Scrub
All I can say about this daily scrub is it's so good! It's gentle, not drying but it doesn't leave your skin greasy either, kind of making it perfect for every skin type. Considering this scrub is around $10.00 and you get more then 4 times more product then the average scrub it's a bargain considering the quality.
Prepare to hear more about this scrub in the near future.

What have you been loving this January? Leave me a comment. 

10 comments:

  1. Love the photo quality - I'm rubbish at taking pictures! I've always been tempted by Plumful but I really don't suit darker lipsticks!

    Catherine x
    www.alicatbeautychat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am horrible at taking pictures.
      I swear its all my camera and natural light helps too!

      Delete
  2. Need MAC Plumful it just looks perfect and given that I pretty much sport a plum colour all year round I can see this being an investment well made! Great roundup :) xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a soft spot of berry or plum coloured lipsticks you will love Pulmful.

      Delete
  3. Lovely picks this month! I've heard nothing but good things about Plumful and I really need to try Les Beiges sometime soon :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment Jen!
      I have a strange feeling Plumful would be right up your alley. :)

      Delete
  4. The lipstick looks amazing! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choices this month! That Guerlain powder looks beyond gorgeous!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      The Guerlain Meteorites have to me some of my favorite beauty things ever :)

      Delete