Friday, January 9, 2015

Flower Lip Service Review

While the Drew Berrymore’s range has existed in the States for a while now, I gasped when I saw this at my local Wal-Mart. Not only was truly impressed by the vast selection, but was surprised to see the range of products here in Canada.  With a handful of products to try out I finally settled for the lip butter in Petal to Metal.

My biggest problem with this lipstick is the packaging. While it the packaging is undeniably cute the lid does not stay on. I’m not talking about it falls off after you drop it I’m saying it falls off even in the comfort of your own makeup bag. As for the product itself Petal to the Metal does pack a good punch of color. The texture of this lipstick is buttery and smooth as the name suggests. On me this lipstick wore for about an hour after that things began to look patchy. With color only on the edges of my lips it looked like the lip liner trend gone horribly wrong.

I now have a pink stained makeup bag and memories of hot pink patchy lips. Basically what I am getting to is I don’t and I can’t recommend this lip product to you. Hope is not lost, because there are some fantastic, buttery lip products from the drugstore with effective packaging. If you were looking for a buttery lipstick from the drugstore I highly suggest the Revlon Lip Butters.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, sorry this was a disappointment! I really am a huge fan of the range, though. Both their Colour Play cream shadows and Kiss Me Twice lip and cheek pencils are fab! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I had there one of there cheek pencils in my hand!
      I've heard great things about this line, I just think I've had some bad luck with this product.

      Delete
  2. I really love this line; great for the price. That range of lip products never spoke to me and I'm glad I didn't pick one up! I would recommend trying out these other products though:
    Her polishes, brushes (powder brush in particular), her glosses, cream shadows, foundation (liquid) and mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to try more for this range.
      The brushes looked great in store!
      Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely shame it didn't do the trick for you though. xx

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I hate buying duds :(
      Mind you, that's what makes the world of beauty so interesting!

      Delete