Sunday, December 21, 2014

3 Beauty Essentials: Christmas Edition

I think we can all agree here that Christmas is one hectic day. Truly I loving cooking and entertaining but I feel like I blink and the next thing I know people are already arriving. Having spent enough Christmas’s makeup less and in my pyjamas I have come up 3 beauty essentials that are my saving graces on Christmas day.

Dry Shampoo
Even with clean hair I guarantee spending the day over a hot stove will leave you with oily looking hair. We all know oily hair is not a cute so dry shampoo is a must! Not only does it leave you hair clean quickly but it can also add volume to your hairstyle too. I love the Dove dry shampoo but my all-time favorite is the Klorane Natural Shade Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk. The Natural Shade version is the same light weight, effective formula as the original but doesn’t leave that white cast.

Primer
I have fell victim in previous years from fading blush, dark circles and cakey foundation and I am here to say a primer can be your best friend. I think it comes down to I don’t have a lot of time to do my makeup Christmas day and I find even less time to touch up as I go, so for me a primer is a must. My primer of choice is the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, which aids to not only mask foundation last longer, but it also perfects the skin, fills wrinkles, moisturizes, illuminates, tightens…
Basically the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm makes any skin look like amazing skin with the added benefit of making your makeup last longer.

Lip Liner
Hate is a strong word but I disliked lip liner for a long time. It actually wasn’t until the whole lip liner thing became trendy that I found the amazing Rimmel’s Exaggerate range of lip liners. I did a whole review about these here but why I am opting for these on Christmas day is strictly based on one thing… wear time. I have been trying and testing these for the past couple of monthS and I have fallen in love with them. While the formula lasts forever they feel pretty comfortable on the lips. The longevity make the Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners =the perfect dinner friendly lip product.




4 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about that Klorane dry Shampoo- must give it a go! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really really good and doesn't leave your roots that weird cakey texture that some do.
      Thank you for commenting Jen, I hope you have a great holiday.

      Delete
  2. I still need to get the hang of lip liner but I am okay at the other two hehe . xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that happened to me this month but I have fallen head over heals for lip liners.
      Try the Rimmel, it doesn't disappoint!

      Delete