Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sigma Brushes

Beauty Blogs and Sigma brush reviews go together like peanut butter and jelly. Years ago I actually bought a brush set from Sigma. Like I am talking way back when, before the Sigmax line and before the “new” numbering system occurred. While I still use this brushes daily and peruse the Sigma website frequently the darn shipping costs always stops any further purchases. 
A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Obsessed Look to try out a couple of Sigma makeup brushes. Obsessed Look carries a number of amazing brands but the best part is Sigma Brushes ship for free within Canada!

E25 Blending Brush
When offered two brushes from Sigma the E25 was my first pick. I have always wanted to try this brush to compare it with the cult classic MAC 217. So how does it compare? Firstly the shape is very similar sort of flat sort of fluffy.  No lie thou… the bristles seem angel hair soft in comparison to the MAC.
But disregard the whole MAC comparison the Sigma E25 is a great stand-alone brush.  The E25 is multifunctional in packing on eye shadow, defining the crease and at blending out harsh edges. In my humble option this kind of brush is essential to any makeup lover’s makeup bag.   

E40 Tapered Blending 
My second choice was the E40 which is a blending brush. In comparison to other blending brushes I own the E40 seems to be a smidgen longer and less rounded. The shape is pretty darn awesome because it allows you to really work in product into your crease. I’m not going to lie I was a skeptical about this because it was slightly difference but I am a fan.
Pared with a shadowy brown this can give you those huge hooded eye you’ve always dreamed of.
Betty Davis anyone? Yes please!

You can find more information on these brush’s here.  
Yes you heard right Sigma Brushes ship for free from Obsessed Look.
Have you tried any sigma brushes? What do you recommend?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you're loving these- I got the Blending Brush as well and it's really fab! The Tapered Blending looks amazing too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything from Sigma...I feel like I can't even call myself a blogger because of it! It's almost like I HAVE to buy some to become legit haha! Great post (as always!)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete