Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday’s Adventure into High End Mascara

I have been waiting to bust open the YSL Shocking Mascara I got back in October. And just like any beauty addict I was waiting for the perfect event to dabble back into the high-end mascara world. So I thought New Year = New Mascara.

YSL Shocking mascara is a cult beauty product because of its extreme ability to thicken and lengthen lashes. Instead of purchasing this in the usual black I opted for the Charcoal Grey, just because I wanted to try something 'different'. While I love the color of this I have to be honest with you, I’m not in love. Yes, the packaging and scent are beautiful, but the product is just okay. I’m not digging the whole thickening mascara thing, it kind of makes my lashes look clumpy. Don’t get me wrong this is not a bad mascara but I can’t help but to feel $36 for a semi clumpy pop is a lot of money.

Next product I had been playing with over the holiday is the Bourjois Glamour Max Holiday’s Mascara. This mascara is drug store mascara that ranges for about $20. Great formula, cute packaging, but the brush is too round for my liking. Again Glamour Max is not a bad product but not a Holy Grail product in my option either.

Overall, I feel a little guilty using these. While both are decent products for my lashes nothing beats the Essence Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara. The brush is thin enough to get every lash, it gives volume and length like no other. The best part is for $4.99 it rivals any high-end mascara I’ve tried. So while I am having fun experimenting with new products I can’t wait to go back to my $4.99 bargain.
  

5 comments:

  1. I have this YSL mascara, and I find it quite good. Not particularly shocking though... I have always found all Essence ones to be absolutely horrible, though haha.
    P.S. Your photos are so wonderful! Instantly followed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment and for the follow :)
    Mascaras can be CRAZY!
    I know a ton of people who loved Covergirl's Lash blast but it didn't work that well for me.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about the YSL one! Ugh, $36? I'll stick to Maybelline ones! I loved that Essence one, but I feel like the tube dried up pretty fast. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I had a hard time swallowing the price tag!
      I haven't tried maybelline in a couple of years.
      But I had great luck with the Great Lash Big Mascara.
      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. Sorry you didn't love the YSL option. Thanks for the review! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete