Sunday, November 17, 2013

Getting Ready For a Special Event



First let me tell you I am not a makeup artist but I would say I’ve dabbled enough to have my fare share of tips. So keep reading if you want to know my three tips on getting ready.

Keep it neutral.
So a few years ago while first getting into makeup I wore a rainbow themed eye makeup to a wedding. While looking back on pictures I can honestly say I look like a hot rainbow mess. So my tip to you is keep it natural. I love using my naked pallet because it has every possible neutral shade I could want.

SPF
I left my Chanel Le Beige powder at home because it has SPF in it. I’m sure many of you know but SPF flash’s back when using flash photography. Which basically means your face is going to look abnormally ghostly white while the rest of your body will look normal. So for special event makeup I like my Becca Blotting Powder Perfector. This is a great translucent setting powder that doesn’t cake up and don’t make you look too matte either.

Blush Base
I’m sure many of you can agree but blush is the first thing that fades on me. So for any special events or for long days I always like to wear a blush base. I find NARS Penny Lane is a perfect neutral color to wear underneath any blush. It’s also stunning alone!

What ever you choose remember to have fun with your makeup, because after all it’s makeup!
Feel free to share your tips with me on getting ready, I would love to hear!
Thanks for stopping by,

Tanya

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! :) I'll have to check that powder out!

    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment!
      The Becca powder is great and would work well with many different skin types too!

      Delete
  2. I agree, you can never go wrong with a natural eye- timeless and classic!
    xo, Kate

    kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean if you love pink eye shadow I say go for it sister!
      But timeless looks just remain classic ... I was a child of the 80's so I have visions of my mom rocking perms and blue eyeshadow still stuck in my head.

      Delete