Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Nail Polish Selection



I feel like every summer has a nail polish theme. Last year it was everything coral and the year before it was sparkly topcoats. This year my nail polishes vary from the super summery to the downright wintery. With that being said I think they are all stand up colors and great shades for all year. Maybe this year’s theme should be called “the classics”? 


Essie Turquoise and Cacaos
LOVE... this color and love the gel like consistency. Based on the color alone I would definitely recommend this but be warned this nail polish needs at least 3 coats.

Essie Mint Candy Apple
This Tiffany box blue in a bottle! Application with Mint Candy Apple is a dream.  If you’re in the marketing for a Tiffany Box Blue color you might want to check this one out.


Chanel Graphite
I think the pretty silver sparkles seem to go with the many rainy days we have been having. This has also been a go to because of its easy application and the long wear time (almost 5 days with no chipping!).

Chanel Taboo
This is a newer nail polish to my collection. This is a very pretty metallic purple black s so don’t let the orange undertones in the bottle fool you. This applies in one coat and the different colored sparkles give this amazing depth. To me this is a great illustration of what Chanel nail varnish’s are all about, beautiful yet high quality.






New York Apple Red
I use to wear this years ago, but after I found a bottle in the back of my stash I wondered why I stopped. This is a true cherry red with a gel like consistency. There’s something about this color it can look so classic yet so rock in roll at the same time. I’m so glad I found this and can't wait to wear it more often.

I know it might not be the most summery of picks, but they have been what I’ve been loving. 
I would love to know what your favorites are, leave me a comment.
Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment