Thursday, December 29, 2016

L'Oreal Voluminous Review

2016 has been the year where I couldn't stay loyal to a single mascara. Who I kidding this has been a reoccurring theme throughout my life! I remember months back telling myself to 'Tanya go ahead splurge on a tube of Better Then Sex'. Let me be clear by Better Then Sex I mean the Too Faced Mascara not some sort of sexual device that comes in a tube. Erotic toys aside, what I'm getting to here is I had the full intent to purchase the Too Faced and here we are talking about something else. Can you blame me Voluminous was the very first mascara that I ever tried and I craved a little walk down memory lane, so here we go.

From what I remember this mascara made my lashes long, curly and the black formula made my eyes pop. Maybe I had such fond memories my experience in the mascara world was minimal? What I'm getting to here is this definitely does not live up to the hype. The first couple of times I applied Voluminous my lashes were long, fluttery and curly. However not even two weeks into this product and I can throughly say this has gone from perfection to a hot clumpy mess.

The one thing about this mascara I like is the brush. To be honest I find it a refreshing to use a bristle brush especially one that isn't crazy big. Another thing I like about Voluminous is the price, this tube cost me just over $5.00. With that being said I cannot recommend this mascara. It comes down to there are better, less clumpy and yet affordable options out there. So while it was fun to try an old favourite my hunt for the perfect mascara still continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment