Saturday, January 16, 2016

Meet Baby Everleigh

Where do I even start? I had a baby... 
Well let me back track to January 1st around 3:00 pm my water broke. In my case it really wasn't dramatic as the movies make it to be. There were no contractions, nor was there a huge gush of water and I have to say overall I felt pretty good. Basically my midwife told me if active labour didn't start overnight we would meet her in the hospital in the morning. So I did what any rational person did and went out for dinner. After that Jay and I watched a movie and about 1:00 am the contractions started. By 4:45am we were on our way to the hospital and by 11:00 am I was ready to start pushing. 

Pushing, I don't think anyone can prepare you on how absolutely exhausting this task is. After pushing for an hour I was advised to stop because the babies heartbeat was getting dangerously low. Things start to get a little blurry at that point, but around 2:00pm my midwives and doctor recommend the best thing to do was to get a c section. The next thing I knew I was been wheeled into the operating room. I have to say I'm usually pretty brave about these things, but I was absolutely terrified. 

At 2:29pm on January 2nd Everleigh Teresa was born at a healthy 7 lbs 12 oz. We later found out that the umbilical cord had been wrapped around her neck, which was why her heart rate was getting low. With that being said baby is now doing well and gaining weight like nobodies business.

It still blows my mind that this little lady came from my tummy. Without getting to mushy (because I swear the moment I start talking about her I cry the happiest of tears) I couldn't imagine life without her. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, congratulations. I am beyond happy for you and your partner! She is just the cutest. I am due in April and I can't wait to hold my little girl. This post has made me even more excited. I hope you are enjoying being a mum and that you don't have too many sleepless nights.

    Sarah's Abode -xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the good news it's definitely is a surreal feeling to finally be able to hold your little one.Thank you for the lovely comment Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations, Tanya! She's absolutely beautiful :)

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete