Sunday, November 22, 2015

5 Must have MAC Shadows

My beauty goals this year were to buy less makeup and to condense my collection. This is not a post on organization, but you have to believe me when I say this my eye shadow collection was terrifying. My old stash came complete with a healthy amount of duds, broken shadows and a MAC pallet with only neon colours. These days my collection only has the best… well at least in my opinion. So with only a few MAC shadows on hand here are my top 5 must have MAC shadows.
MAC Shroom
Shimmery beiges eye shadows can look too metallic, while matte beige’s can look chalky. Shroom however is the perfect subtle shimmery beige eyeshadow. It the kind of eye shadow that dances between a shimmer and a matte and does it extremely well. For my pale skin Shroom works best as an all over lid shade, but darker skin tones might really like this as a highlight shade. The formula of Shroom is pigmented and buttery. This classic shade has been a favourite of mine since high school continues to be a favourite over 10 years later.
Holy hell does that statement ever make me feel old… next shadow!

MAC Patina
I’ve tried to describe Patina so many times, but no words can capture just how pretty this shade is. But in a nutshell Patina is a cool toned golden brown. This stunning shade also has a slight irradiance to it which makes it almost impossible to dupe. This shadow works well paired with other shadows, however it’s interesting enough to be worn alone too. Unique, flattering and beautiful Patina is a stunning product that has to be in every makeup lover’s collection.

MAC Satin Taupe
Another classic MAC shade however this one makes my list not because it’s unique or special. Granted it’s a stunning taupe, but there are tons of similar colours out there. What makes Satin Taupe is amazing is the quality of this shadow, its pigmented, buildable and very bendable. Personally I think taupe is a handy neutral to have around and MAC’s Satin Taupe one of the best out there.

MAC Soba
Soba is a mustardy brown coloured shadow, which I have to say doesn’t look all that flattering in the pan. On the eyes however Soba makes a beautiful crease shade, especially paired with a gold shadow on the lid. Soba is an almost matte which make it the perfect complement to both shimmery and matte eye shadows.

MAC Tempting 
Tempting is one of the newest shadows in my collection and darn is it ever pretty. I would describe Tempting as a brown- bronze shimmer that is pigmented and bendable. If you find MAC’s Woodwinked too orange toned this is a great option for you. With a quick swipe on the lids and a little blended through the crease you can create the perfect Olsen twin bronze smoky look.

With my collection sorted I have to say I have thoroughly given these 5 shadows good use over the past few months. What are some of your favourite MAC shadows?
 Leave me a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. Tempting looks gorgeous! I don't own too many MAC shadows, but I love Cork as a crease shade.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Tempting is one of my all-time faves. Some of my other MAC favourites are Bronze, Mulch, Amber Lights, Twinks, Cranberry, and Club :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete