Friday, May 15, 2015

Must Have Brushes

Nothing can change the quality of your makeup application more than good makeup brush. Just think about it an amazing buffing brush can mean airbrushed looking foundation, a perfect blending brush can create the perfectly smoky eye and a great cheek brush can mean beautifully defined cheek bones. I also think that if you wanted to splurge makeup brushes are a great place to start. With that being said there are many amazing affordable brushes out there too! Come to think about it there are more affordable options out here, then ever before. Before I start getting side tracked, here are my favourite makeup brushes ever!

MAC 217
So many people love the 217 and for really good reason… it works. Come to think about it I don’t think there is a brush that has impacted the quality of my makeup application more than this. It’s hard to explain this brush because it is somewhat fluffy, which makes it an excellent choice for blending. On the other hand it’s also somewhat flat which makes it great to pack on colour as well. Over the years I have collected three of these miracle brushes and use them daily.
It’s also a great brush for concealer and for pinpoint highlighting.

Marc Jacobs Face Brush 2
In terms of quality and design this is the best foundation brush I’ve ever owned. If you apply your foundation with your fingers, but want a brush to smooth away the edges this brush is for you. In comparison to the buffing method, my new method takes seconds and it’s a smoother, more even look. Amazing, amazing, must have brush!

Sigma Tapered Blending Brush E40
Most blending brushes I find too big, which leave me with that disastrous colour to the eye brow look. To avoid this beauty faux pas I stick the E40! This amazing brush is the perfect shaped blending brush for my crease. And because this fits perfectly in my crease it allows me to really work in product into the crease. For wonderfully hooded eyes this is my go to.

MAC Stippling Brush (from a random holiday set)
How do you like that for a description? In all honesty I wasn’t going to add this to the list, but because I have used this every day for years I just had too. In comparison to the MAC stippling brush this version is smaller, but just as soft and fluffy. I personally like to use this for bronzer; it adds a subtle amount of product while the size allows me to create a natural contour. I know a lot of these MAC sets take a lot of heat for their lack of quality, but I’ve used this brush daily for over 5 years without problem.

Elf Blush Brush
I’ve tired many blush brushes over the years and by far my favourite is the ELF. Again this brush is smaller than typical blush brush.
On a side note I have come to realize that I am small brush obsessed.
The Elf blush brush is flat, but has a beautiful rounded edge. In comparison to Chanel, MAC and other high end brushes I would say this brush is equally as soft. If you take anything away with you from this post it should be this brush… it’s a solid $3.00 bargain everyone should own.

What are some of your favourite brushes, leave me a comment below?
To everyone celebrating the long weekend, I hope all of you have a great, safe time!

1 comment:

  1. Great roundup! Some of my all-time favourite brushes are the Sigma F25, the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush, and the Real Techniques Blush Brush :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete