Saturday, February 21, 2015

Disappointing Products

Research, reading reviews and in store sampling are my fool proof steps to buying good makeup. Actually my technique rarely fails and the majority of the time I end up loving the products I purchase. So why are where here then? The thing about my no-fail plan is I have the tendency to be an impulsive shopper, which more times than not leads me to purchasing disappointing products. There is a moral to the story here but without further ado here are my disappointing products.

Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser
I bought this cleanser because it looked like a perfect concept. My entail thought was I love cold cream, I like cream cleansers, my skin happens to be extra dry at the moment and this had the added bonus of smelling like  roses. However, even with long list of amazing things I did not like this cleanser. Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser left my skin with a greasy residue, which caused my pores to get clogged and eventually lead a breakout. I’m not sure if it’s the grade of mineral oil this product uses but this was an oily mess even on my dry skin.

Lush Honey I Washed the Kids Soap
This is actually, something not impulsive because I use to be a Lush addict and my favorite product among them all was Honey I Washed the Kids soap. This little slice of soap set me back $6.00 and lasted under two weeks. Not only was it expensive, but I found it dried out my skin too. Don’t get me wrong Honey I Washed the Kids smells delicious, but the bottom line is in terms of price and hydration I would rather use Dove.  

Nip + Fab Sheer Makeup Fix
Nip + Fab is a drugstore skin care brand that do some pretty revolutionary things but this unfortunately was not one of them. With a name like “Sheer Makeup” you would expect it to blur out fine line and pores… well it didn’t. Sheer Makeup Fix didn’t do a lot of things like my skin hydrated nor did it work well as a primer. If you were looking for a clear perfecting base my recommendation is the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.

Clarins Daily Energizing Cream
Let this be a lesson to us all! This cream, like many of the products here was purchased based entirely on impulse. I needed a moisturizer, I love Clarins, it smelt good, I was in a rush and it was only $26.00. There is nothing wrong with this moisturizer, it’s mildly hydrating, it smells nice it and it absorbs into the skin instantly. The problem with this Cream is it’s just not as hydrating as I thought. The lesson here is if I did my research I would have purchased a more nourishing cream from there Hydra Quench Range and saved the $26.00. Lesson learnt!

Moral of the story is I could have saved myself the grief by just sticking to the plan.  Is it just me or do find yourself in the same situation? What products have disappointed you?
Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment