Friday, August 1, 2014

July Favourites

I hate saying I am “busy” but this month was a month that was very eventful to say the least. I am so excited to be in our new place, but I hate moving. In particular I hate packing especially when you’re to keep things “organized”. As for favourites I entered this month thinking I might not have any. However being a true beauty addict I sure have some amazing products to share.

Blistex Lip Medex
I started this month with a sun burnt on my lips. To make matters worse I put on lip plumper which made my persistent dry lips peel and throb. Horrible month for my lips!
One of my saving graces was the Blistex Lip Medex! The minty-ness of this lip balm instantly cooled my lips which made them instantly feel better. I love Blistex is one of those lip balms I always have on hand because it works wonders in soothing dry lips.

NUXE Reve De Meil
I love this lip balm and use it before bed every night. However this month this lived in my pocket so I thought it deserved a little extra love. While the Blistex helped sooth, the Reve De Meil helped moisturize. The texture of this lip balm is like no other. It’s the kind of lip balm that you don’t feel that’s on your lips yet somehow feel sort of gritty too. It’s odd texture but it does a great job at hydrating the lips.

Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer
I was packing up my makeup when I found this concealer. How I forget about this is beyond me! This concealer is perfect for covering up dark circles. It has a fair amount of coverage, blends in with easy yet doesn't cake up underneath the eyes either. The colour is even really good which is hard to find at the drugstore. I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed using this, will continue using it through August.

Dior Addict Lipstick in Dior Kiss
 This has to be one of my all-time favorite pink lipsticks. The formula itself is smooth, buttery and hydrating.
Come to think about it I really need to get more of these at some point.
I love wearing pink colours during the summer so when my lips weren’t crazy chapped this month I wore this. As for the colour Dior Kiss is a nice pop of raspberry pink that isn’t too bright or hard to wear. It’s the kind of lip stick that you put on and you think to yourself “damn I really need to wear this everyday”. This is really good stuff… did I mention I am itching to try out more?

Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse
Those people at NUXE know what they are doing, because product after product they keep knocking it out of the park. As for the Creme Prodig.... I can never spell the word nor can I say it! The product however is a great light weight cream made for normal to combination skin. I know what your thinking "Tanya isn't your skin dry?" The answer to that is most of the time it is however the humidity can make my skin rather oily. So for the summer this cream is a excellent choice, it smells good, has a long list of fantastic ingredients and it keeps oils at bay.  

What have you been loving this month? 

4 comments:

  1. I have the Dior Addict Lipstick in Wonderland, and it's definitely a favourite of mine x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out that colour.
      I love the how buttery these are!

      Delete
  2. I heard so many good things about the NUXE lip balm. I think I need one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very very good!
      They work wonders for your lips and smell amazing too!

      Delete