Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Skin Care


My skin for 80% of the year is sensitive and dry. But from July to August something crazy happens!! As the humidity raises my fights with eczema disappear and my skin appears to be healthier and luminous. Dare I say it maybe a little oily? While I like to keep up with the same nighttime hydration routine during the day I need a switch. The obvious reasoning being my skin doesn’t need as much moisture. However on the other hand due to increased sun exposure I want to make sure I use sun friendly products too.
So without any rambling here is my effortless morning skincare routine.

THEFACESHOP Pomegranate & Collagen Volume Lifting Essence
I was in THEFACESHOP and felt a little curious about there anti-aging lines. Personally, I am always weary of using anti-aging products especially in the summer. Lot’s of anti aging products contain ingredients (like retinal) that make you sensitive to sunlight. So wanting to dabble in a sun friendly anti aging product I picked up this serum. The creamy gel texture soaks into the skin instantly without any residue or tackiness. Yes this does have a scent. Some might find it too strong however I have had no sensitivities to it. Overall I like this anti oxidant rich serum, it still adds hydration but doesn’t feel too heavy.

Crème Prodigieuse (for normal to combination skin)
This is a basic moisturizer and a perfect edition to any skincare routine. Not only does it contain a long list of amazing ingredients, but also it feels ever so light on the skin. Even though my skin is temporarily “normal” this doesn’t dry out my skin in the slightest.  I love squeeze tube, I love the scent and I love the product. They even have a dry skin version! Come to think about it I might have to get my hands on it this fall.
If you need a basic, no bullshit moisturizer, this is definitely one to check out.

Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream
Avene is one of those go to brands for me. I have been using the brand for years and product after product I have never been disappointed. If you’re looking for an age fighting powerhouse eye cream this might not be for you. I most certainly am not after many negative and painful experiences with anti-aging eye creams. Avene’s Soothing eye cream feels really great on the skin and sets in immediately. I love this product because although it’s very gentle it gets rid of those dreaded bags almost instantly. If your eyes are sensitive and you’re on the market for an eye cream this is one of my all time favorites.

With addition to my favorite SPF that is my summer skincare routine!

Leave me a comment I would love to hear what some of your favorites are.

No comments:

Post a Comment