Saturday, July 27, 2013

Top 3 Lip Balms



Hello, my name is Tanya and I’m a lip balm junkie.

In all fairness what girl that grew up in the Lip Smackers era isn’t a junkie today?

After going through tubes of Peach lip balm from Lip Smackers I graduated to Soft Lips.  Soft lips had that menthol feeling which naturally lead to the progression of Blistex, in specifically the Lip Medix kind.

Today I tend to reach for super moisturizing lip balms. To be honest I thought I wouldn’t be able to pick three, however when I laid out my balm collection it was pretty evident which ones I liked the most. 



Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

This is my bedside lip balm because it does a fantastic job of hydrating my lips. I do NOT find this plumping at all and the ingredients in this lip balm are not the greatest. Somehow this product still amazes me. If you’re looking for a hydrating lip balm, like the smell of roses and love the vintage packaging this might be one for you to try.


Nuxe  Reve de Miel

There’s a trick to this lip balm. Apply and little and really pat it on your lips.

My first experience with this lip balm was not pleasant. It was chunky and slid off my lips. After reading so many good reviews I decided to keep it. I’m so glad I did because in a short amount of time this has become one of my favorites. It tastes and smells like oranges, its matte (perfect for that minimal look) and it’s super hydrating. 


Speaking of minimal look, is it just me or has your summer makeup look been as lazy as mine? 


Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

When all other lip product’s didn’t work this did. This winter I experienced some of the worst cracked, burning lips ever. When I brought my problem up with a pharmacist he suggested this product to me. My lips were soothed instantly and healed within a week. I’ve also used this on sun burnt lips and used this with the outcome. I suggest everyone have one of these handy

Leave a comment I would love to know what some of your favorites are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment